Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Permanent Marker

This is another test request from Shauna.  Have I mentioned I love requests?  I do.  It makes my Pinterest searching so much easier.

This one comes from this adorable website, so go check her out.

Anyway, this one is near and dear to my heart, both as a mother, and a wood floor owner.  Luckily, knock on wood, I've never had to deal with this particular problem.  Yet.  I'm sure my day will come.

Taking permanent marker off anything sounds impossible at worst and scary at best.  I thought I better try this one just to make sure it didn't make it worse before it got better.  

First I found a part of some wood that I knew I would never see
And then I grabbed a Sharpie out of the junk drawer
Then I (gulp) drew a heart on the wood.
Insert heart stopping moment right here.

Then I grabbed me some white toothpaste because that's what it says on the website
And applied that toothpaste directly to the heart.  Please note that I let the Sharpie dry completely between these steps, even if it went against my better judgement.
Then I started to rub vigorously.  And by vigorously, I mean I didn't have on a bra, so there was some serious breast reverb action going on.  I know, too much info, but it was funny to me.
And you can see the toothpaste is turning blue, and the Sharpie is indeed coming off!  I was shocked!
I wiped it off with a paper towel, and all is well in the wood world once again.

So to sum it up,

Is it worth the money?  Yep, as long as you have white toothpaste on hand, and if you don't, go buy a trial size one for .59.  Also, depending on who put the Sharpie there, you may need to come up with bail money.

Is it worth the mess?  Yes. There is little to no mess, unless you have a full on Picasso on your hands, then get them into art classes, or find them a nice neighbors house to play at that has wood floors.

Would I recommend it?  Absolutely!  I can't believe this works.  I'm not sure about the science behind it, and I will find out, but it definitely works.

As a side note, there was no discernable damage to the wood after this test, so yay.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! That is so cool! Thanks for testing that! Have I mentioned that I LOVE this blog? <3

    ReplyDelete