Friday, February 7, 2014

Wrap Thingies

Have you guys heard of the It Works! Wraps?  They are supposed to shrink your fat and loose skin significantly over a course of a few wraps.  They're pretty cool, actually, and the before and after photos I've seen have intrigued me.

So I'm thinking about selling them.

But after talking to my distributor, and hearing that part of the process was to drink half your body weight in ounces of water, or it wouldn't work, I decided I better test this out.

So this morning I measured my middle.  (Insert shameful head drop here).  I marked it on a piece of string because Lord knows I don't want to know how many inches that is.  I also weighed myself, and came up with a certain number of ounces of water I need to drink.

So I will be drinking my ounces of water over this weekend, and then remeasuring to see if water alone will shrink the middle.  Then I'll do the wrap along with the water and see if it makes a difference.  If it does, then let the selling begin!  If not, well, at least we'll know, right?

Wish me luck!

Update:  After a weekend of drinking copious amounts of water, I remeasured myself, and I had lost maybe 1/4".  Basically nothing when it comes to seeing a difference.  

This afternoon I wrapped myself in the wrap.   Let me describe this for you.  The wraps are folded up, and they unfold to reveal what looks like a giant Icy Hot patch.  The directions state to use Saran Wrap or a compression garment or an Ace bandage to hold it in place.  I opted for the Saran Wrap.  If any of you have seen "Fried Green Tomatoes", think of Kathy Bates wrapped up in cellophane to meet her hubby at the door.  


I felt like that.  But more awkward.  It was a pain to get wrapped up (literally a pain because my joints have been so achy the last few days, it hurts to maneuver around all that tacky wrap).  I got it on finally, and the first thing I noticed is that is smells like an Icy Hot patch too.  

I'm left wondering, "am I wearing an Icy Hot patch Saran Wrapped to my body for the rest of the afternoon?"  We shall see.  I plan on leaving it on until tonight, then I'll measure before bed, and when I wake up.  Hopefully there's more gone than 1/4".  Oh, and I'll still be drinking lots and lots of water.

2/11/14

And the results are in!  After leaving the wrap on for 6 hours, drinking half my body weight in water for days and days, and massaging in the excess lotion, I remeasured last night before bed and this morning.  Last night before bed, I was still at about 1/4" loss.  I wasn't surprised.  I really thought this morning I would see more of a difference.  

I didn't.  

I was still at about 1/4" loss.  

Now, I understand that a full treatment is 4 wraps, and I only did the one, but it makes me wonder if just drinking water consistently over the course of those 4 wraps would show the same difference with or without the wrap itself.  

That, coupled with all the supplements they try and get you use, along with a "healthy lifestyle", of course you'll see a difference.  

For now, sadly, I'm saying no to the It Works! wraps.  I was really hopeful there would be more of a difference, but until I can test this with a full arsenal of wraps and supplements, I am basing my opinion on the small sample size I did attain, and it didn't work.  Any time you change to a "healthy lifestyle", you will see a difference in your size and measurements.

I was really looking forward to more of a difference because I was considering becoming a distributor for this company.  But now, I don't think I could sell them in good conscience.  

2 comments:

  1. Good to know! I had someone that wanted me to do a party, but I wasn't sold on the idea. Thanks for the test. :)
    If you want to see something that works and makes a big difference you should try Norwex products. Whoa! You get mirrors and windows without streaks! You can clean your whole house with water and their products - no chemicals. It's amazing! I have been selling it since June and I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been skeptical of these. Thanks for trying them out.

    ReplyDelete