Saturday, January 18, 2014

Kid Tested, Moms Approve

Tonight we're trying out these babies.  I hate to admit it, but I love corn dogs.  And funnel cakes.  And all other manner of fried fair-inspired foods.  Except cotton candy.  I hate that stuff.  As a mother, it is of the devil.  Kids end up sticky, wound up, and unable to control where their sticky hands land in the mini-van, thus causing permanent sticky areas on the once plush leather seats.  I may sound like I speak from experience, and sadly I do.  But I digress.

We made the muffin mix just as required and filled the muffin tins like so,

2 packages of Jiffy corn bread mix with a half package of hot dogs made 15 muffins.  We put cheese and hot dogs inside.  Double yum.

Baked at 400 for 21 minutes, and here is what you get:

Not exactly pretty, but still yummy-ish looking.  I let them sit for 5 minutes to cool, because that's how long it takes to make fry sauce, and that's as long as the kids could wait to eat them.  

Once we tore into them, this is what we got: 
I have to say, these are pretty dang good.  I like them better than regular corndogs, plus there's cheese!  Yay to cheese!  

So to sum it all up:

Is it worth it?  Yep, Jiffy cornbread mix is like .89, and hot dogs are about the same, and both can be nearly free if you're a couponer like I am.  

Is it worth the mess?  Yes, there is basically no mess, unless you're eating them at the computer and the crumbs fall into your keyboard.  (Don't judge me)

Would I recommend it?  Yes!  These are great!  The kids loved them, and the wife approved, so I would say use 3 or more boxes of Jiffy mix and a whole package of hot dogs and pack some up for tomorrows lunch.  


3 comments:

  1. Kel, I am loving this blog! I love Pinterest, but of course I always question the validity of many the pins. this is awesome! Keep it up, I'll be checking in often! <3
    -Shauna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shauna,
      Thank you so much! I sometimes wonder if people are even reading it! But I figure I'm sort of a geek at heart, so I'm taking my software testing "need to know if it really works" state of mind and putting it to use for every day stuff! If you have anything you want me to test, feel free to send it to me! :)

      Delete
  2. Love it, thanks! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete